Sunday 11 January 2009

KARITÉ, SHEA, NKUTO SOAP

Thanks to Marr Williams @ Smelly Chicks for this lovely feature on her blog.

Akua Wood from Cioccolatina is a bit of a shea butter evangelist. As a native of Ghana, she grew up using natural products and knows firt hand how wonderful shea butter is for the skin. Her appreciation for shea transfers into the products that she makes. The Karite soap pictured above contains more 70% of unrefined fair trade shea butter. How luxurious is that? It’s beautiful in it’s simplicity and without fragrance is one of the most natural soaps available. It must be heaven to use in the shower.

I met Akua on Twitter and am always happy to see her there. I don’t know her very well as I’ve only spoken to her directly a handful of times, but her posts are always warm and comforting. I get the sense that she’s one of those people that we describe as “glowing” and it travels all the way from the UK right through my Twitter screen. Maybe it’s the shea butter!

You can find more of Akua’s products at Cioccolatina and more about Akua on her blog. And don’t forget to follow her on Twitter!

4 comments:

  1. aaaw!!
    as soon as i finish my soap stash, i want to try all cioccolatina soaps! She's so right, you have such a warm spirit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amina, you are so kind to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you liked the post Keep up the great work with your soaps. I think you're going to do very well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Marr. Really appreciate it ;)

    ReplyDelete